- Download the Lyft or Uber app onto your smartphone. You will need to enter your debit or credit card into the app.
- Contact our office at 775.453.4774 or People@NeighborNV.org to schedule an orientation and intake appointment.
- To purchase Lyft or Uber vouchers, go to the Buy Now form at the bottom of this page.
- In the ‘Ride Credit Amount dropdown, select that you’d like to make a $40 payment that will give you $80 in Lyft or Uber credits (you may do this twice per month).
- Participant payments over $80 received within a month will not be processed until the following month. Please do not make overpayments.
- Select Personal Smartphone in the Option Type dropdown list.
- Enter your name in the Participant Name field. If you’re purchasing vouchers for another person, you must include their name in the Participant Name field.
- Enter the smart phone number that is linked to the Lyft or Uber account that will be utilizing the vouchers in the Phone Number Linked to Lyft or Uber App field.
- Click the Buy Now button to be directed to the PayPal page where you’ll be able to pay for your vouchers.
- On the PayPal page, you can pay with your PayPal account or with a debit/credit card if you don’t have a PayPal account.
- Enter your payment information. Please note that all sales are final.
- Payments will be processed within two business days, and credits will be dropped into your Lyft app at that time.
- Once your Lyft or Uber credits have been dropped into your account, you can use them to request rides as you would normally do in the Lyft or Uber app.
- If you take a ride that costs more than your available credit balance, your credit or debit card will be charged for the remaining cost of the ride. Please carefully monitor your available balance. To view your available credit balance, go to the ‘Promo’ section of the Lyft app.
- You will be required to respond to a quarterly survey about satisfaction and increased independence.
If you need additional assistance with the application or would like to schedule an orientation where the Lyft app will be installed on your smartphone and the process of getting rides explained, please contact Jazzlyn at (775) 453-4774 or email@example.com.
Additional Lyft & Uber App Information
- You’ll need to have a debit or credit card saved in your Lyft or Uber account just in case a ride costs more than what is on a voucher.
- Lyft or Uber will charge $15 to your account and then refund it back to you as a way to verify your debit or credit card.
- You MUST verify the email address and phone number in your Lyft or Uber account to view your vouchers in your account, if you don’t they won’t be visible.
- Vouchers DO NOT work with a business Lyft or Uber account. They will work only with personal Lyft or Uber accounts.
- Vouchers DO NOT cover tipping the driver. Tips are charged to the card on file. Drivers also accept cash tips.
- Vouchers DO NOT combine in your app. If you have a ride that costs more than what is remaining on your voucher, your card will be charged.
If you don’t wish to purchase vouchers online, you can email us and we can help.
As of July 1, 2019, vouchers will expire 1 year after they are dropped into your account. All prior vouchers still have an expiration date of December 31, 2019. If you have unused vouchers after this date, you must contact the N4 office to receive the unused voucher amount.
N4 is not responsible for payments charged to your credit or debit card once your credits have been used. It is your responsibility to monitor your available credit amount in the Payment section of the Lyft app.
This is a new program and is subject to change based on participant feedback, usage and funding availability. We welcome your ideas for making the program better. For more information, contact our team at (775) 453-4774 or firstname.lastname@example.org.