Are issues with memory making it more challenging to complete everyday tasks? Would you, or someone you know, benefit from a little help at home or with getting out into the community? Or are you caring for someone who might have dementia? Do they need help completing tasks or getting out into the community?
We’re offering BRI Care Consultation as part of our free respite care program in 12 counties in Northern Nevada:
- Open to people living with dementia or possible dementia (including people living alone and/or people with ID) and their primary care partners (can be family, friends or neighbors and you don’t have to be living with the person needing care)
- Includes a minimum of 5 hours/week respite care plus comprehensive, dementia support
- Respite care provided by trained, paid staff in the person’s home or out in the community
- Includes telephone and email-based care coaching program that assists and supports adults with health conditions and their family and friends who care for them
- The program is available at no cost to participants
We’re partnering with the Alzheimer’s Assn. of Northern Nevada to offer free Savvy Caregiver training to family care partners of people with dementia. Savvy Caregiver programs have been proven to decrease family caregiver distress, burden, and depression, while increasing caregivers’ sense of competence and confidence in their care role.
We also partner with Living Alone & Connected, a Facebook Community for people living alone with Alzheimer’s or other dementia. Please share with anyone you think might be able to use this resource.
If you’re interested in learning more, please reach out through the Interest Form below.
It’s about living well.